Teaching in Spanglish

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Villa Cuentos

Hi, Guys!
Hope you all are well! I'm excited that it's Wednesday, but not excited that Friday is near. I know what you're thinking, "What the heck is wrong with her?!" Lol. Believe me, I've asked myself that same question before. Although many of us LOVE (or should love) Fridays, they are kinda dreadful and stressful around my end. We (our school staff) have to turn in parent logs, reflection logs, and grade logs by the end of our school day (3:15) and also we have to submit our lesson plans by midnight Friday evening. It's a little overwhelming to say the least. We have "Freaky Friday's" (and not freaky in a good way) rather than "Fun Friday's". LOL.

Enough of that... moving on.

Do any of you use Villa Cuentos as your reading series? I know we are in a Common Core day and age, but I still use Villa Cuentos for phonics, grammar, and extra skills practice. At our school we are required to submit 15 grades into our electronic Grade Book weekly, so our students have to constantly complete assignments, worksheets, and other mumbo jumbo so that we have stuff to grade and submit. Definitely not Best Practice if you ask me... but hey... I'm just a teacher. =/

I've created a couple of tools and assessments for a few of the lessons in Villa Cuentos. Today's post is for the story Gala y Vito or Dot and Bob. In this lesson, we are studying the V+vowel and the L+vowel syllables. The first printable has those syllables plus additional syllables to help students create the weekly spelling words.
You can get that freebie by clicking HERE

The next freebie assesses the skill for this lesson which is Characters. It also assesses comprehension by asking students about problem and solution. For number 1, students draw each character in the large boxes and write the names of each character in the small boxes beneath the larger ones (I hope that makes sense). The rest of the sheet is self explanatory, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. =)

Click HERE for the SPANISH version.
Click HERE for the ENGLISH version.

That's all for today... Thanks for stopping by! Happy Wednesday! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment